Sunday 3 March 2013

Chevrons

Today is my first inspirational project for Frosted Designs

The theme as you probably can guess is Chevrons. Before I was chosen to be a member of the  Design Team at Frosted Designs I ordered a stamp from Kazazz and it just happened to be Chevrons. It arrived a day or 2 after we were told what our first project was going to be. You can imagine how excited I was to be  able to use this stamp and I knew straight away what I was going to do with it. Would you like to see?


What do you think? I had this idea in my head all along that I wanted to use the stamp in a non traditional way. So what I did was cover the canvas with some gesso and then pressed the stamp into it leaving behind the indentations of the stamp.

A lesson to be learnt by all make sure that you wash your stamps after using gesso straight away or else you will leave some behind. I am still trying to clean my stamp but it will get clean eventually.

If Chevrons are your thing then why not create a project and then link it to Frosted Designs.

6 comments:

  1. Love this Dee, love love love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One trick I use ( when I have the room ) is a pan of water to drop stencils and stamps in when working with gesso...but .....I don't have the room because of the mess, lol I love your mixed media piece, the subtle chevrons in the background play off the rain theme, very nice! I really enjoyed reading about you and looking forward t getting to know you better on the DT! Waving hi from the hills of North Carolia ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, now that would be sensible thing to do if I had the room lol :)
      Thank you for you lovely comments and I also look forward to getting to know you better.

      Delete
  3. This Chevron project is fabulous!!!!! I love the way you created the background with the subtle chevrons and those darling little hearts falling from the sky are just so sweet! This is absolutely beautiful!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb, it amazing where you thoughts go when given a challenge and Chevrons is something that I had not done before.

      Delete