Thursday 16 July 2015

Embrace The Journey

This coming weekend I am going to my very first scrapbooking retreat. You would not believe how excited I am. With this excitement comes the Oh No what am I going to take with me. I create by looking at my stash of goodies, I don't plan ahead. Going on retreat is sending me completely out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing. I will be surround by so many talented ladies that I am sure to pick up an idea or two.

So what to take, I have a list as long as my arm, lucky I am driving by myself and will be able to fill the car. On the top of my list are my stencils, gelatos, big brush pens, dylusion paints, mega flakes, stamps, inks, gesso, mixed media paper, texture paste etc etc etc.

After talking to a scrappy friend who is also going I went out and brought a couple of art journals to take with me. I don't normally journal in an actually journal, I usually use loose pieces of mixed media paper. But I decided that I need a journal. Off to the art store I trotted thinking now this will be an easy decision, an hour later I finally walked out with not 1 but 3 art journals.

I had a couple of requirements that needed to be met. The paper needed to be thicker 150 gsm, smaller than A4 size, not spiral bound (as I wanted to be to create a 2 page spread) and not cost an arm and a leg.

To test out one of my journals I decided to create a 2 page spread.


If you would like to see how I created this please pop on over to Off The Rails Scrapbooking where I have done it step by step.

Happy Creating.

2 comments:

  1. NICE!!!! I am also VERY excited about the retreat!!! and I was also worried about what to pack (defs my art journal too!) I always forget something but now that I've read your post ...... I'm not concerned at all because it sounds like you've got it all covered LOL!!! Can't wait YAY YAY YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See you tommorow and I am sure that I will forget something lol. I dont mind sharing. WooHoo one more sleep.

      Delete