Monday 30 January 2017

A = Art

There are so many talented artists out in the world and I do have a few favourites that I follow. One of my favourites is Marta Lapkowska (blog, facebook, Instagram), at the end of last year she started up her own facebook group called Maremi's Creative Café.

It is full of so many talented artists and just recently Marta created a challenge for us. The challenge is either using a deck of playing cards, flash cards or something similar and creating on that size with a theme that is determined by Marta each week. So far we have had the themes of art, bubbles, coffee and this week is dragonflies. You don't have to do each week it is just for fun so do the ones you want. I did find a deck of old playing cards. I prepared two by sanding them to take off the shiny coating on one side and painted a layer of gesso over it. Then they sat on my desk, until this week where I finally I had an idea.







Since taking the above finished photo I have actually changed the place of the quote, it was just in the wrong spot for me. I have moved it a little further right and down a little as well.

products used: prima art extravagance texture paste - white crackle, liquitex matte gel, e-xpress it glue - triple tac, prima art basics heavy gesso - white, derivan matisse flow - magenta (quin violet), faber-castell pitt pen big brush -  cold grey III, mont marte gesso - black, ranger archival ink - jet black, gelly roll pen - white, the crafters workshop stencil - mini harlequin, adornit wooded shapes, muslin, derivan spreader medium, tim holtz idea-ology tissue wrap - melange.

Happy Creating

1 comment:

  1. Love love love your card !!!
    Thank you so much for all your beautiful write up ♡♡♡♡♡
    Marta xx

    ReplyDelete