Thursday 6 July 2017

Don't Follow The Direction Of The Arrows

It's Thursday today which means the second prompt for the Artsy Circles for Art and Soul Studio's facebook group Soul Sisters is out.

The prompt is arrows. Here is what I created



Using my metal die and bigshot I found the biggest circle, which is 10.3 cm in diameter and cut a piece of heavy watercolour paper. I then put gesso on both sides, this was to help stop the curling of the paper.

To create the background I did it in layers using three different distress stains. I didn't want to put the colour directly on to the circle so I splatted the stains onto my craft mat then sprayed them gentle with water. Once the stains beaded on my mat I dragged and laid my circle into the stain. I did this a number of times with each colour making sure that I dried in between the layers.

Using same three colours I then splattered the colours on top of the background again drying in between the layers.

I loved the background that I created but I needed more and in the end I lost some of the splatters of the stains but that's ok because their are no rules and creating in an adventure. At this stage I needed to add some arrows so with my white pen and arrow stencil I drew the shapes of the different arrows across the surface of my circle.

Being that the prompt was arrows I decided that this was just not enough so before I added my words to the circle with the same white pen I coloured in the arrows to make them stand out.

products used that can be found in the Art and Soul Store:
tim holtz distress stain - spiced marmalade, vintage photo and ripe persimmon

Happy Creating

No comments:

Post a Comment